RSS Bot
post Jun 29 2013, 05:04 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Private Members
Member No.: 4

Post image for The Day After, My Thoughts on BlackBerry

Well it was quite a down day yesterday for BlackBerry and to be honest maybe it’s deserved.  As you know I am a dedicated supporter of BlackBerry owning several of its products including but not limited to the Q10, Z10, Bold 9930 and 4 Playbooks. Now before I go on a rant I want to be very clear that my love for BlackBerry has not changed one bit. I am still a BlackBerry Boss and will remain that way.

Now let’s get down to business. This morning I started my day by tweeting this “Ok BlackBerry, so you took a lil beating yesterday. its okay, get your ass up, dust yourself off, pick up your hat and get back to work!” Now that one tweet got a good amount of re tweets and rightfully so as it should.

Now let’s dig a little deeper into my tweet starting with the beating BlackBerry took. If you are like me and follow the market some you will understand that it was not a very good Q1 earnings report resulting in BlackBerry getting pounded by Wall Street dropping its stock as much as 25%.  Damn, really Wall Street, was that deserved?  Where is Michael Douglas when you need him lol?

Now that hurt some and more than the pain of the 25% drop , it created a feeding frenzy of negative talk from so called expert analyst claiming that ” It’s Over” and this and that. Well we’ve all heard that story before but yet BlackBerry continues to keep moving along slowly. Slowly, maybe that’s one of the reasons this company is struggling, is it because they are moving too damn slow? They need to get off their ass’ and pump out some highly competitive products that will not only wow the consumer , but will offer something  fresh and new that no other phone is offering. By doing this you create a want and need for developers to get on board for big time apps which will be a big time benefit for BlackBerry from a consumers stand point.

Now let’s talk a little bit about the poor marketing strategy from BlackBerry. I personally give them a D in this area and if I step on some toes by saying that, then so be it. You have to do a much better job with your marketing strategy here in the US. Alicia Keys is cool and the “Keep Moving” project is ok, but we need more!  Now you blew a great opportunity this past Super bowl with some off the wall commercial that no one understood at all. That had to be one of the most poorly planned and executed moves that I have seen in a while. It’s time to listen to the people and open your eyes. You have to be open to fresh new ideas with a willingness to be creative and take risk. Its crunch time now BlackBerry, you have to pull out all the stops!

Now, on to the BlackBerry Playbook. Thank god for Otter Box cases for the Playbook because on June 28th, 2013 sometime between 7 and 7:30 am, BlackBerry CEO, Thorsten Heins announced that the BlackBerry 10 OS would not be supported on the Playbook. As the words slowly soaked in, I slowly picked up my Playbook, took a long hard breath and threw that damn thing across the room on to the floor. Now I must give props to BlackBerry for the durable build quality and Otter Box for the nice protective case, because once I realized my foolish behavior I immediately ran over to see if it was damaged. To my surprise that damn tablet was still on and operating with no physical damage at all, plus 1 for Playbook.

I was severely hurt by the announcement, but yet I completely understood why it was a good move not to put BB10 on a device that would be so unstable that you would have caused a much bigger head ace than you already have with Playbook. Loyal Playbook owners will just have to accept the facts that it’s not in the best interest of the company to make that move. Now BlackBerry CEO, Thorsten Heins did say that the current Playbook OS would still be supported and updated so we shall see. I just feel bad for all those people who purchased the Playbook under the impression that BB10 would soon be available for the device. Hell I got like 10 calls from people who I have sold the device to bitching and complaining about the announcement.  I guess I’ll just have to take this whipping like a man and hopefully regain some lost trust from my clients. With that said I still love the Playbook and will continue to use it as I see fit as with any other device that I own.

Well that was my little day after rant, BlackBerry will be fine folks, and there is no need to start acting brand new about the situation. We knew coming in with BlackBerry 10 it would be a struggle and here we are. No need to bitch and moan about it, pick up your hat and get your ass’ back to work. Tomorrow will come and there will be all sorts of challenges to face, but one thing you have to remember;

“Always take the hard way out; you will appreciate it better when you get to the other side”

View the full article
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version
Skin by IPB Customize - Hosted by Forums & More
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:34 AM