RSS Bot
post Apr 8 2011, 07:19 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Private Members
Member No.: 4

BlackBerry Torch 2

To the line-up of hands-on photos featuring the BlackBerry Touch (Monaco) and the BlackBerry Bold Touch,  we’ve added photos of the BlackBerry Torch 2, which, is expected to be released in July. I was not a fan of the original BlackBerry Torch, and, actually ended up returning mine.  Although the BlackBerry Torch 2 looks identical to the original BlackBerry Torch, looks are where the similarities end.

My biggest complaint about the BlackBerry Torch was just how underpowered the devices was.  This will not be the case for the BlackBerry Torch 2.  The processor in Torch 2 is twice as fast, 1.2 GHz, compared to its predecessor.  Other BlackBerry Torch 2 key features include:

• Radio: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE ; Tri-band HSPA 14.4Mbps
  • Display: 3.2″ VGA – 480 x 640 capacitive touchscreen display
  • Memory: 8GB storage + 512MB RAM + up to 32GB MicroSD
  • Connectivity: WiFi + Bluetooth + NFC
  • Camera: 5 MP
  • Battery: 1300MAh battery
  • Dimension: 14.6mm thick
  • Sensors: magnetometer

I still  think that screen resolution is a bit low and I’d like to see a better camera, but, from a spec standpoint, the Torch 2 won’t seem inferior, as far as horsepower is concerned, compared to the competition.  The only thing that makes the Torch 2 a BlackBerry device that I wouldn’t be willing to even try out for personal use is that it appears that it again will be exclusive to AT&T.

[See more pictures of the BlackBerry Torch 2 over at BGR]

BlackBerry Torch 2 Hands-On Photos Emerge is a post from: RIMarkable, the Unofficial BlackBerry Weblog...

View the full article
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version
Skin by IPB Customize - Hosted by Forums & More
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:21 PM